VARMINT & PREDATOR
California Varmint & Predator Hunts
Oak Stone Outfitters offers year-around varmint and predator hunting.
Ground squirrels are hunted seasonally or as opportunity presents; ground squirrels are open season as well and can always be found but have peak times during the year when they are in greater numbers. Peak shooting seasons for ground squirrels are from late January to August.
Bobcats are also able to be pursued on a predator hunt when in season and with a valid bobcat tag. Both Oak Stone Outfitter locations offer great opportunities to hunt bobcats, though our northern ranch in Hollister, CA has a tremendous population of bobcats with many chances to kill big cats. Sightings of about 2-3 cats are per day allow you to have a great hunt with family and friends.
What To Expect
Our varmint hunts are concentrated on ground squirrels and jackrabbits, which are plentiful on all of our ranches. Certain areas have greater concentrations of squirrels, which we will have scouted out prior to the hunt; we tend to set up in a comfortable proximity of the concentrated area, usually in a sturdy-prone shooting position. Note that our predator hunts are primarily focused on coyotes; we use calling methods as well as opportunistic hunting tactics for our predator hunts. With a copious number of squirrels, jackrabbits, bobcats, and coyotes, you and your guests are guaranteed a good time with plenty of action and unforgettable moments.
Varmint & Predator Packages
- Varmint & Coyote Hunts: Per Day Price
- Without lodging & meals – $750 per hunter
- With lodging – $900 per hunter
- With lodging & meals – $1,050 per hunter
*Non-Hunters can be added for an additional $200 (does not include lodging or meals)
What’s Included In Your Hunt
- One day of hunting
- Transportation while in the field
- Access to private property
Varmint & Predator Hunt Details
- Weekend hunts – Friday to Sunday
- Weekday hunts – Tuesday to Thursday
- Unlimited number of opportunities for ground squirrels
- Unlimited number of opportunities for coyotes
- Hunters decide which species they would prefer to hunt and in what order
- 1-day guided hunts
- Lodging & meals available
* Additional days may be purchased
What to Pack
- A valid hunting license and bobcat tag
- Rifle equipment with copper ammunition
- Good hiking boots
- Warm clothing