HOW MUCH Should I tip my Guide?

We get this question a lot, and it’s a great question! Our guides do accept tips, they are always greatly appreciated, and go a long way towards making outdoor guiding a viable career choice. However, we never want to pressure our clients, and the following is a suggested guideline. Ultimately, as in many service industries, tipping is left up to the individual/group, but as a general practice, 10% – 20% of the trip cost is a common gratuity

What is your payment and refund policy? 

For a deposit we require 50% of the total cost of your hunting package. This is due prior to booking your hunt. You may receive a full refund on your deposit if you cancel the hunt 90 days prior. Your deposit is non-refundable if the hunt is cancelled within 90 days of the hunt date. The final payment must be paid 1 week prior to your hunting date. If the final payment is not received by said date then you will lose your booking and refund

Are you required to wear blaze orange when hunting in California?

NO. Whether you are hunting blacktail deer, elk, wild pigs or upland, not blaze orange is required.

Is non lead ammo required when hunting pigs, elk or upland?

Yes. Non lead ammunition is required for all hunts in California

What is the best caliber for wild pig hunting in California?

Any caliber .243 or larger is preferred although most would agree that .270 – .30 caliber rifles work best . We also recommend scoped bolt action rifles over any other combination of firearm.

What are the closest airports?

San Luis Obispo airport is the closest to our location out of Paso Robles ( 60 min ). San jose airport is the closest to our location out of Hollister CA ( 45 min )

Is a hunting Licence and Tag required to go pig hunting on private property in California ?

Yes both a valid CA hunting license and pig hunting tag are required for hunting on private property. please visit the CADFW website for information on obtaining both. We can assist you if you have any questions

Are blacktail deer hunting tags in California on a draw?

No they are not . Deer tags are zone A general tags and can be purchased the day of or prior to the hunt at any licensed CA tag agent. You can purchase deer, elk & pig hunts online or at Walmart, Big 5 , Dicks , Bass Pro Shops